TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status Check and Online Apply 2023: As you, all know the digitization of the ration card has been started by the Tamil Nadu government. The application process of the TNPDS Ration Card has also been initiated through online mode and distribution is also done through online mode.
Today in this article we will share the step-by-step process through which you will be able to apply for a Digital Ration Card in the state of Tamil Nadu. We will also share the step-by-step process with you to see the status of the smart ration cards online here. We will understand in detail about TNPDS 2022 of the Tamil Nadu Government here.
Table of Contents
TN Smart Ration 2023 Application Form
The government has given a direct link to apply for a smart ration card. A link is also available to check the registration status of the application. This has reduced the manual work of the government and also saves the time of both departmental employees and citizens.
As part of the digitization program of the PDS system in the state, the government is issuing new TNPDS smart cards to the citizens. The old ration cards are being converted into new ration cards so that the government can have smart control over the ration card system.
|Service Name||Smart Ration Card 2023|
|State Name||Tamil Nadu|
|Department||State Food Commission|
|Ration Card Apply||Click Here|
Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Status
There are 4 types of digital ration cards available for applying ration cards to the citizens of the state. The list of all these ration card types is as follows:-
- Light Green- Light green cards are issued for rice and other items from Fair Price Shops (FPS). It also includes Antyodaya Anna Yojana cardholders
- White- White cards are issued for 3 kg of sugar in excess of the prescribed quota.
- commodity- People who do not have the right to take any commodity from ration shops are not issued any commodity card
- Khaki- Khaki cards are issued to police personnel up to the rank of inspectors.
The automation of TNPDS systems has increased consumer service. Now, various services like an online portal, mobile app, SMS service, call center, email service, and social media platforms like Facebook are available for citizens. With this portal, citizens can also learn about their nearest ration shops and service centers.
TN Smart Ration Card Other services:
Due to the digitization of ration cards in the state through TNPDS, there are many other services related to ration cards on the online portal that citizens can avail.
- Cancellation Of the ration card- If a person wants to get his ration card canceled then this service is also available on TNPDS online portal
- Application status- The status of your ration card can also be checked through the online portal
- Change Head of the family- The name of the head of the ration card can also be changed through the TNPDS portal.
Important Links Related to TNPDS Portal
|Citizen login / Registration||Login Here|
|Department Login||Login Here|
|SMART CARD Status||Click Here|
|Reprint Smart Card||Reprint|
|Add Member||Click Here|
|Change Address||Click Here|
|Family Head Member Change||Click Here|
|Remove Family Member||Click Here|
|View Ration Card Details||Click Here|
|REGISTER A COMPLAINT||Click Here|
How to check Tamil Nadu smart ration card status 2023 Online?
If a citizen applies online for a smart ration card, then he can also check the status of his ration card through an online portal, SMS service, and mobile app.
If you want to check your ration card status through the online portal then follow the steps given below:-
1. First of all you have to go to the TNPDS online portal: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/pages/registeracard/register-a-card.xhtml
2. Now you will see the link of ‘Smart Card Application Status “on the right side of the website, you have to click on it.
3. In the box on the next page, you have to fill. your reference number which will be sent to your mobile number while registering.
4. And click on submit button
5. After submitting you will be shown the status of your application
TN Smart Ration Card Registration Online [Apply]
If you want to apply for a smart ration card online, then a citizen of the state can register for smart ration card in three ways. We have given below three methods using which you can apply for smart ration card.
- [लिस्ट] UP Ration Card List 2023
- Kerala Ration Card List 2023 Download
- Uttarakhand Ration Card List 2023
- One Nation One Ration Card Apply
- TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status, Registration
- How to Link Aadhaar with Ration Card
Applying through TNPDS Online Portal
If you want to apply for a smart ration card, then you can do this very easily through TNPDS online portal, for this, you need to register on the portal.
you can also avail many services from TNPDS Public Portal. To register through this portal, you can follow the step by step process given below:
- To register, first, go to the website tnpds.gov.in
- In the sidebar of the website, you will see a link to ‘SMART CARD APPLICATION’, click on it
- and Now registration form will open in front of you
- in the next page, applicants have to enter all the required details like family members name, Mobile number, address, etc. you will also have to upload a picture of the head of the family in the prescribed format.
- Now you have to fill the information of your family and after that your gas connection
- And than you have to choose Card Option, in this you can choose Rice Card, Sugar Card, commodity Card, or Other
- And finally, you have to put a checkmark on Declaration and click on submit button
After submitting. A reference number will be sent to your registered mobile number. Which you will keep safe later you can check the status of the registration form with the help of reference number.
Applying through The Point Of Sale
Citizens of the state can visit their nearest ration shop and apply online through the sales device, they will have to take all the necessary documents with them to get registered.
By submitting all the required documents, any citizen can easily apply online from their nearest ration shop. This process is also quite simple.
Registration Through PDS Mobile App
If a person does not want to apply by going to the ration card shop, then he can also register with the help of the government’s PUBLIC App.
To register, you have to download the mobile app for Android and iOS through the website and after that, you will be able to apply online easily.
To download the application, you have to go down on the website where you will see a section of the ‘DOWNLOAD FREE MOBILE App’ under which you can download the application for Android or iOS.
TN Smart Ration Card SMS Service
Some other services are also offered through TNPDS SMS service such as to find out the availability of the commodity at the ration shop, to complain about billing and to know the status of the ration shop.
Code specific to each service. Citizens have to type the code and send it from their registered mobile number to 9773904050 / 9980904040.
SMS CODE DESCRIPTION
PDS 101 – Availability of Commodity at Ration Shop
PDS 102 – Status of Ration Shop (Open / Close)
PDS 107 – Complaints about Billing
To know FPS stock balance, send PDS 101 to 9773904050 / 9980904040 from the mobile number registered or mapped with your family card
To know whether FPS is open, send PDS 102 to 9773904050 / 9980904040 from the mobile number registered or mapped with your family card
If sales bill SMS is received for your family card without buying commodities, send PDS 107 to 9773904050 / 9980904040
TNPDS Helpline Number
If the citizens related to the online portal are facing any kind of problem, then they can easily get the solution of their problems by contacting the govt’s helpline numbers given below.
|Helpline Number||1967 ( or ) 1800-425-5901|
TNPDS 2022 Objectives
- Elimination of chronic hunger and starvation in Tamil Nadu.
- Protecting citizens from ill effects of the rise in the price of essential commodities.
- NPHH- NC cardholders does not draw any commodity from the FPS. NPHH-NC cards in circulation as on 31.07.2019 is 47,282.
- Making available affordable domestic fuels like kerosene.
- Ensuring easy accessibility of Fair Price Shops by cardholders.
- Ensuring affordable prices of essential commodities, especially for the poorest.
- Ensuring the availability of essential commodities at the right time every month.
Key strategies for effective implementation of PDS
- Effective handling of complaints given by cardholders.
- Open Part-time shops scheme for villages having difficulty in access to existing Fair Price Shops.
- Timely and controlled movement of essential commodities through route charts and momentary
- Reduction of leakages through system improvements tightened enforcement and deterrent criminal action.
- Error-free and correct allotment and movement of essential commodities to fair price shops through E-Governance.
TNPDS Family Cards
In Tamil Nadu families are given the option of choosing the type of family cards based on their needs and preferences and there is no income based ration cards. The types of family cards and commodities entitled are tabulated as follows:
Types of Cards
|2||PHH-AAY||All Commodities including 35 kg of rice|
|4||NPHH-S||All Commodities except rice|
Scale of supply of Essential Commodities and Issue Price
Scale of Supply and Issue price of the essential commodities through PDS are tabulated below:
|SL.NO||COMMODITY||PRICE PER KG/LTR.||SCALE OF SUPPLY PER MONTH|
|1||Rice||Free of cost from 01.06.2011||For AAY beneficiaries 35 kg per month at free of cost. 4Kg per adult and 2Kg per child (below 12 years ) subject to a minimum of 12 kgs and a maximum of 20 kg per family card (except Nilgiris district) For Nilgiris district an additional quantity of 4kg of rice is issued per family card at free of cost.|
|2||Sugar||For AAY Cards, the price of Sugar will be Rs.13.50. |
For all other type of Cards it will be Rs.25.00.
|500 gms per head per month. For Sugar option family cards an additional quantity of 3 kg of sugar in lieu of rice.|
|3||Wheat||Rs.7.50||10 Kgs per card per month in Chennai City and District Head Quarters and 5 Kg per card per month in other areas. (subject to availability as limited quantities are allotted by Govt of India)|
|4||Kerosene||Rs.13.60 to 14.20 per Litre||Ranges from 3-15 litre per card depending on the location and possession of LPG Cylinders.|
|5||Toor dhall||Rs.30 per kg||1 kg per card/per month|
|6||Palmolein Oil||Rs.25 per kg||1 litre per card/per month|
AAY FAMILY CARDS
Poorest of poor families have been identified and Anthyodaya Anna Yojana markings have been made in the family cards issued to these families. AAY cardholders are getting 35 Kg of Rice every month free of cost. With a view to eliminating ineligible families from the AAY scheme, periodic exercises are being conducted by District Collectors. Whenever ineligible beneficiaries are eliminated they are substituted by new beneficiaries.
Thiruvannamalai, Villupuram, Dindigul, Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Sivagangai districts have been identified as poorer districts in this State as per the directions of the Supreme Court of India, and more beneficiaries have been identified in these districts.
Family Cards for Transgender Persons
The fact that transgender persons suffer social ostracism and tend to live away from their families along with other transgender persons. There is a need to modify the concept of family as applied to ration cards, in their case. The government of Tamil Nadu, after recognizing their plight, has formed the Welfare Board for transgender persons and has issued identity cards. District Collectors have been authorized to issue family cards to transgender persons based on such identity cards after due verification.
Family Cards issued to Homeless persons
The State Government has taken every care to protect the homeless urban poor families in the state. Instructions have been issued to all Collectors to the effect that, Family Card to be issued to homeless urban poor people giving the door number of adjacent house to which these people are living either in the platform or in the street corner.
Follow Us On Social Media 🙏 🔔
1 thought on “TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status, Registration Online 2023”